Welcome

Here at the Guerrilla Guide to Music Technology I want to make a safe haven for those of us who want to know about the fascinating devices and techniques that make up this diverse area, without making people feel small or stupid for not knowing something. I used to not know stuff until somebody taught me, now I aim to make everything clear without patronising anyone. Nobody knows everything, including me so if you find something wrong or something that you think that everyone could benefit from knowing then please do tell me in the comments.

Sunday 17 December 2023

Setting up in Ubuntu Studio for Music Production

 Setting up to make music in Ububntu Studio and indeed most Linux distros is different than it is in other operating systems by which I mean way easier and more versatile. In this video I show you how to set up in Ardour for audio and MIDI using JACK to route the signals and Hydrogen to drive the drum plugin. There is also a bunch of useful information for streamers because I interface audio streams in OBS fairly extensively. You will notice that the Linux terminal is not used in this tutorial at all.



Also, I found out today that Apple are going to end support for Firewire. I bet there are a bunch of people out there with fire wire stuff they would like to keep working. This video might be of use to you as I believe Firewire is supported under Linux.

No comments:

Post a Comment